By Hershel “Dickie” Dixon
(1) Danny Shaddock will present “Growing Up in Wiergate” at about 7:15 p.m. on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 to the Deep East Texas Archeological Society at the Iris and Anne Howard Civic Center on 213 East Court Street in Newton, Texas. At 6:30 p.m. Sandra Litton will have the desserts and refreshments out for members and guests to enjoy, and at 7 p.m. Ruth Dusan will hold a short business meeting. The door prize will be “Nameless Towns” by Sitton and Conrad, and a copy of this book will be donated to the Newton County Public Library by one of the members. For more information, contact Ruth Dusan at (409) 379-5694 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419 or email@example.com
(2) Dickie Dixon will present “My Genealogical Journey with Genealogical Tips Along the Way” to the Hardin County Genealogical Society at 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at 220 West Main Street in Kountze, Texas.. For more information, contact Owen Vaughn at (409) 651-0990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) Kate Beaver will present “The Caroline Gilbert Hinchee House Project” at 5 p.m. on Monday, January 23, 2023 to the Angelina County Genealogical Society at the Community Meeting Room of Kurth Memorial Library on 706 South Raguet Street in Lufkin, Texas. For more information contact Dickie Dixon at (936) 671-1419 or email@example.com
(4) The Newton County Genealogy Conference will take place on Saturday, February 25 2023 at the Iris and Anne Howard Civic Center on 213 East Court Street in Newton, Texas from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Selection of speakers is in process. The cost is $20 including your meal. For more information contact John Jefferson at (409) 379-2109 or jeff75966@ yahoo..com
(5) Dickie Dixon will present “Getting Started in Genealogy” to the Angelina County Retired Teachers Assocation on March 14, 2023 at Southside Baptist Church in Lufkin, Texas.
To submit an item to this column email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by phone to (936) 671-1419 or by mail to Kissin’ Kuzzins P. O. Box 151001 Lufkin Texas 75915-1001. For a book review mail a complimentary copy to the address just listed.